The Masonry program provides the following training and experience:
- Use masonry tools safely (i.e., trowels, levels, chisels, masonry saws, etc.)
- Estimate brick and block masonry.
- Identify manufacturer and characteristics of brick, block, tile, and marble.
- Create foundations and footings.
- Interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Clean and repair masonry work.
- Learn about cold weather masonry and commercial construction.
Careers in the Masonry Field
- Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Cement Masons and concrete finishers
- Helpers -- Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Tile and Marble Setters
Students who meet all the requirements of the Tech Prep Program will receive credit and admission preference into these Post Secondary Programs:
- Penn College of Technology (an affiliate of Penn State)
Students in the Masonry program are eligible for:
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate